• March 15Jeff Maupin's fifth period Algebra 1 class set fire to a nearby field while launching Estes rockets for a project

Moana Movie Review

Tyler Airozo, Staff

The new action filled fantasy movie, Moana, was released this past Thanksgiving. It consists of action, adventure, fantasy, and is full of different emotions.

Moana is a sea voyaging enthusiast, and also the daughter of the chief, Chief Tui. When the island fisherman can’t seem to catch any fish and the farmers can’t seem to grow any crops, Moana has to come up with a way to save her tribe.

Her grandmother, Tala, explains to her how a long time ago demi-god, Maui, stole the heart of the goddess, Te Fiti, and havoc spread to the nearby Hawaiian islands, and soon Moana’s.

The only way of stopping the havoc is to find Maui and persuade him to return the heart of Te Fiti and restore life, and food on the islands of Hawaii. Therefore Moana sets out on a journey to find Maui and restore the islands of Hawaii.

In my very honest opinion I thought this movie was amazing and was by far better than previous animated disney movies like Tangled, or Frozen. It is definitely one of those movies you have to see in Theaters, especially in 3D.

This movie is fairly different from the previous movies by the same directors but this movie had more to it unlike “Frozen,” or “Tangled.” It has more of a story to it that is easy to follow along, it’s almost like they bring you into the movie along with them. This movie really doesn’t relate to any other movies, it special and very unique.

I would highly recommend you see this thrill ride of a movie. If you absolutely love animation movies, disney movies, or fantasy movies in general then I’d definitely go see this.