8th Grade Capstone Projects

Suraya Asfar, News Editor

On May 10th and 11th all of 8th grade will be presenting their iLab capstone projects. Students have been working on this project since about April 14.  

The Capstone project is a student led project about something that students are passionate about changing. Students are wrapping up their projects this week and finalizing their presentations.

We made a more cost efficient wall. It’s practically free to make so it’s easy for the homeless to afford, said Helen Campbell.

Most students are creating tri-folds to present majority of their information. All students need to include a technology piece in their presentation as well. There is a sheet that students received stating all of the requirements and due dates. Each team has different requirements and elements that make everyone’s project unique.

Along with tri-folds, some teams are making a website, electronic presentation, commercial, and interview. The final due date is going to be on May 9th.

On the 10th and 11th students will be presenting their projects to teachers, parents, and other students. The presentations will be set up close to how National History Day presentations were set up. Although, presentations will be during the school day rather than after school. Each students exact presentation date will depend on their specific period. 
This is a new project that Sierra is testing out for the first time this year. The school is currently undecided on whether or not the Capstone project is going to be done next year.