• March 15Jeff Maupin's fifth period Algebra 1 class set fire to a nearby field while launching Estes rockets for a project

Self Esteem

Khayla Minty, Staff

It is important to have a healthy self esteem because it affects your daily choices and lifestyle. Self esteem is feeling good about yourself and confident about who you are, rather than who you are not.  

Having self esteem makes you feel better about yourself as a person. It makes you hold your head high and let you know that you are the way you are and nobody can change that.

It’s important to have a high self esteem because it’s the first step to believing in yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself you’ll never accomplish any of your goals. Knowing that you can do anything that you put your mind to is the key to success and requires self esteem.  

You need self esteem because it reflects on how you present yourself. If you have no self confidence and think the worst about who you are then you’re going to come off more negative and not a very happy person.

Self esteem affects your actions, thinking, emotions and other things that make up who you are as person. Therefore it is important that you think high of yourself so it can have a positive reflection on things such as emotions and actions.

It’s a good thing to have self esteem because it makes you more resilient if you make a mistake. When you believe in yourself and what you’re capable of doing you can recover from any failure. You’ll be able get up from if you didn’t succeed the first time and try again.

Self esteem allows you to handle criticism well. If people try to bring you down you can easily reflect from it in a positive way and ignore it. It allows you to be the bigger person and not be affected by those things as bad, if you were to have low self esteem.