Waffle House VS IHOP

Abby Elia, Staff

IHop and Waffle house, both known for their phenomenal breakfasts and both have a location in Parker, these breakfast stops are both great places to eat if you’re craving breakfast, but the question still remains, which one to go to?

First opened on labor day 1955, Waffle house is home to the waffle, literally. Waffle House also hosts The National waffle eating competition, with the 1st place prize over 7,000 dollars. This closest dinner is right by dairy queen on 19312 Plaza Dr, Parker. These waffles are fresh and tasty, but the hash browns are to die for.

“You don’t actually go to waffle house for the waffles, you go for the hash browns, the waffles are just the dessert.”-said Mr. Palmer

“Waffles are better ‘cause I put butter and raspberry jelly and I make it into a waffle taco, and it’s the bomb.” – Amber McLaughlin Telluride   

The International house of pancakes, also known as IHOP, first opened its doors in 1958 and recently raised over 3 million dollars for national pancake day on Tuesday, March 8th giving out free pancakes. If you missed it, well start counting down the days. This legendary international sit down breakfast house is open  Sunday – Thursday, 6am – 10pm and on Friday & Saturday, 6am – 12am. The dough tastes fancy, they have 4 types of syrup and they have almost every pancake flavor imaginable.

“Pancakes are great, I love how the syrup soaks into pancakes making it taste really, really good.” – Shelby Coy, telluride 

In the end, the choice is yours, between the doughy chocolate pancakes, or the spongy fast array of pancakes, breakfast shale forever remain the most important meal of the day.