Las Delicias Parker Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Las Delicias Parker Review

A photo of a sopapilla sold at  Las Delicias Parker.

A photo of a sopapilla sold at Las Delicias Parker.

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom, Editor

Las Delicias Parker is a Mexican style restaurant located at 19553 Mainstreet, Parker, Colorado 80134. The restaurant is open from 11am to 9pm, Monday through Friday, open from 9am to 9pm on Saturdays, and open 9am-8pm on Sundays. There average rating online is 4.2 stars. It is right in the heart of mainstreet, and pretty easy to access.

When my family and I arrived at the restaurant we were greeted and immediately seated at a booth in the back. We went for an early dinner at around 4:30 so there were very few people in the building. Right after we had sat down, a bowl of salsa and basket of chips were placed on our table. After giving us a minute to get settled they came back and we ordered our drinks which arrived within 3 minutes. Then we ordered food, which arrived within 5 minutes.

I personally ordered a meal of a Deluxe Cheese Enchilada Plate($12.45) with a Pepsi($2.75). They were prepared very quickly, yet the food was very good. The Deluxe Cheese Enchilada Plate came with an enchilada with beans and rice. It was smothered with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and onions.

While the food tasted good, the service did not match up. Our personal server seemed very distant and unenthusiastic. After being served the waiter never checked in on us, never refilled any of our chips and salsa, and did not ask us if we wanted dessert or anything else. Right before we were handed our check, we asked for a 2 sopapillas, costing us $4.95. They came out a few minutes later, and although they were good, they did not make me want more if I ever came back. A couple other issues with the restaurant were that the entrance carpet was very dirty with leaves and twigs, which is understandable, but it seemed as if it had not been cleaned in a while. Also the flooring in the front seemed very unfinished and unprofessional.

This restaurant is very much a Mexican fast food restaurant. Although it is a sit down building, the food style is good but a lot more fast food-like.  I would see this restaurant as a higher end taco bell.

I would recommend this restaurant for a sit down meal with your family, if you want a quicker, but decent meal. If you want a very fancy or casual restaurant to bring someone special or important, I would not recommend going to Las Delicias.