Six of Crows

Kody Reider, Staff

Six of Crows is a book written by Leigh Bardugo about a seemingly impossible heist. Written by Leigh Bardugo and published by Macmillan Publishers, this book has 479 pages and costs around $18.99. Some themes are perseverance, accepting difficult situations, and friendship. Six of Crows is book one of a duology and a spinoff taking place two years after the Grisha trilogy, but you don’t need to read the previous trilogy to understand the plot. The main characters are Wylan, Jesper, Kaz, Inej, Nina, and Matthias.

“Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist.” Merchant Van Eck kidnaps Dreg leader Kaz and tells him about the Merchant Council’s little problem. Wylan, Jesper, Kaz, Inej, Nina, and Matthias need to break into the ice court, an impenetrable Fjerdan stronghold. After being promised 20 million krudge, Kaz agrees to this suicide mission. After freeing Van Eck’s prized prisoner, Kaz’s team returns to get their pay.

This book is great. Leigh is an amazing artist with beautiful word choice and skills like no other author. She writes and you can feel what the characters feel, smell what the characters smell. If you like Harry Potter, stories with magic and suspense, and fantasy, you’ll love this book.

Six of Crows is definitely worth its shelving price. The book was mystifying and I could not put it down. Check it out at your local library first, but I think you’ll like it. Kaz Brekker and Inej Ghafa were my favorite characters. I hope you like it!