How to Get Your Grades Up

Back to Article
Back to Article

How to Get Your Grades Up

Justine Teters, Staff

As the end of the year approaches, you may be stressing about grades or trying to get them up. If you are having trouble, then you might find that it isn’t as hard as you think it could be.

Showing up to class is an obvious must. If you are skipping classes to hang out with friends, then that is not a very good start. Being organized is a great idea. If you can find all your school supplies and find any missing assignments that you need to turn in could drastically help.

“Toward the end of the year, I’ve been hurrying to catch up on work by asking and doing extra credit for my teacher,” said Ashlinn Mast.

Being respectful to your teacher and paying attention in class is a great way to get grades up. You could understand the class better and therefore get your grades higher. Being respectful to your teacher is a good way too. If you are always talking back and getting in trouble by your teacher, then it is very unlikely that they will try to help you get your grades up. If this is the case for you, try to talk and apologize to him or her.

“Work hard, and try your best. That’s all anyone can do,” said Olivia Romero.

The last step to getting a better grade is to simply ask your teacher. Ask for any extra credit or if you can do anything to get it up. If you are organized, showing up to class, being respectful to the teacher, and paying attention in class, then he or she will most likely give you some extra credit and lift your grade. Good luck!