How To Be More Successful In The Second Semester

Back to Article
Back to Article

Brooke Hudson, Staff

Starting the second semester off a few students may have a list of what they need to improve on to be a better student. But, if you don’t hear a few ways to be more successful in the second semester.   

Make yourself a schedule. You may find that it could help you more than you think. The schedule could even be as simple as a homework schedule. I even tried it and I found it very helpful and I got my homework done faster than usual.   

Sleep is very important! Teenagers need at least 8 hours a sleep per night. To help get more sleep set yourself a limit for yourself of how long you can stay up. Tell your friends and family to help keep you on track! This will help you have a better working memory and sharpen your focus.

Homework Strategies can help you in many ways. One strategy I tried is when you start your homework lay out all the papers you need to complete. If it’s on the computer open all the documents and have the tabs open, that way you will never forget to complete an assignment.

Ask questions! Your never going to look back at an important assignment and never wish you asked that one question. Don’t be afraid, I bet there are also people who have the same question as you too. Also sometimes people forget that your in school to learn! That is a way you can truly understand the material you are learning.

Take notes Taking notes will not only keep you more engaged during class, but will also help you narrow down what you need to study when exam time rolls around. It’s much easier to reread your notes than to reread your entire textbook!

Get Organized! It always important to have everything clean and easy to find. Find whatever method works best for you some examples are planners, checklist, and etc……