Students Phone Attachment and dangers of Social Media

Lillie Smith, Staff

Phones are in so many humans pockets or bags.

But how much could be on a single phone that has to do with having the phone user on it all of the time? There are so many social medias. However most of them use data or wifi. Why would you want to use something if it wastes so much data and use? The apps including social media are having lots of people hooked onto them when you can take your eyes off the screen and look at the setting. Your mind is so much more without looking at a phone for hours and hours straight.

However, everyone is mostly always on their phone for different reasons. For example, people use their phone for business, school, or when they just get a phone and get apps they like to use like social media or games. Also, if a student has their phone out in school or work or anywhere they are at the time is that really a good thing? Screens that are too close to your eyes or that has your eyes on them for to long can damage your eyes and even worse, your brain.

Adding onto this, social media is an amazing way to communicate with friends and family. But, when someone you think you know but you don’t adds you or follows you could be in danger. 194% students get bullied online. If you add an anonymous social media user than you could get threatened, cyber-bullied, blackmailed, or pressured into something you do not want to do.

In conclusion, if you have a phone and your on it more than you should you should put it down and look up from the screen. If you limit your time on  your phone or your parents do, be happy about it. Be careful. Ask your friends or family members if they know an anonymous person that added you. If they do then great add them back and ask their age to make sure they are not old enough to have capabilities that are bad. If not you should not risk it. Don’t add them back because you don’t know who they are or what  they are capable of.