Why Breakfast is Important

Catalina Clay, Staff

Everyone has heard the term: breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many people disregard it after a while because it gets old. Many people also don’t eat breakfast in the morning while knowing this term. Breakfast is for sure the most important meal of the day, but do people know why?

Food is the only way that you can get energy. Breakfast provides you to start out the day with energy and on a good note. If a middle schooler comes to school without eating breakfast, most of their energy will come from their lunch. Until then, they will most likely be very tired and moving slow until they get food.

Breakfast also supplies you with good nutrients. During breakfast, you can get nutrients like calcium, good fats, carbohydrates, and many more. You want to get a good amount of nutrients each day, so without breakfast, some of those nutrients are missing.

If you don’t eat breakfast, you most likely will reach for something easy to eat throughout the day when you are hungry. This usually tends to be an unhealthy snack since those are usually the most accessible foods during the day. Unhealthy snacking has many bad results and can negatively affect people. Even though it tends to be a small snack, it usually doesn’t have any benefits.

Clearly, eating breakfast has many benefits. Finding an easy breakfast is important to everyone. Middle schoolers should always try their best to eat breakfast every day because it will always help them. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day!