How to Prepare for School the Night Before

Becca Lewis, Staff

Many students have a daily rush getting ready for school in the morning.  To be on time to their school, some students skip breakfast, or fall asleep in class because they had to get up so early.  So what if there was a way to be more prepared for school, and be more organized?

Skipping breakfast can make kids feel tired, restless, or irritable. In the morning, their bodies need to refuel for the day ahead after going without food for 8 to 12 hours during sleep. Their mood and energy can drop by mid-morning if they don’t eat at least a small morning meal.” Said KidsHealth.org.  

A way to make sure you eat breakfast in the morning while still staying healthy is a granola bar, or something you can prepare the night before.  A good idea is a yogurt parfait. You need yogurt, fruit, and you can add nuts or crushed crackers if you want.

Sometimes I do [Layout my clothes]. When I do it does save a lot of time in the morning because it takes me forever to pick out an outfit,” Emma BeVier said.

BeVier is a student who lays her clothes out the night before, and agrees that it helps you be prepared for the morning rush. If you set out your clothes before you get ready for school every night, it’s easier to get ready in the mornings and you won’t have to stress about what you’re going to wear.   Also you can just quickly grab your clothes and change into them. This is also convenient for students who don’t spend a long time on planning their outfits and just throw things together because then you don’t have to spend time looking for something to fit the current weather, you can do it the night before.

In conclusion preparing for school the night before is a huge time saver in the mornings.  You can make breakfast the night before and get out your clothes the night before.