Tips To Prepare For High School

Georgia Moran, Editor

In just a few months, eighth graders will be leaving school and making the transition into high school. They’re already working in their classes on writing to be placed into their classes. A transition like this can be difficult, and they should know how to handle it.

First, use a planner. According to creatingpositivefutures.com, this is proven to utilize all areas of the brain and enhance memory. If you write it down after it’s announced in class, you’re more likely to remember it. It also makes it easier to focus on the task at hand and not get distracted by other things happening around you.

Second, start communicating with your teachers. Say you don’t understand your most recent lesson and you aren’t able to do the homework. Your teacher will know how to help you to understand it better than anyone else. Some teachers will even let you schedule a one-on-one meeting with them so you can talk to them about whatever your confused about.

The final tip, and perhaps the most important, is to develop good study habits. For example, have a schedule for all your work, study for your tests ahead of time, and be more organized. This will help you improve your grades a lot, as well as, possibly, your mental health.

Following these tips can help you improve multiple aspects of your life, and practicing them in middle school can help you do them more in high school. Overall, these will make your school experience a lot better, and maybe even easier.