Parent Teacher Conferences

Brooks Wiley, Staff

On Monday, November 6, teachers were holding Parent Teacher Conferences. They were from 4:00-7:00 PM that night at Sierra Middle School. This was a chance for Parents to meet their son’s and daughter’s teachers.

When you walk in the front door of the school there was 2 teachers directing you where to go. Unlike other conferences you would just go see your teacher in her/his room and talk to them like in elementary school. This conference you would go to a specific room depending on your team. But for electives you would just go the the room that you would usually go to during the regular school day.

“It was boring, because the teachers just talked about grades the whole time and did nothing else.” Soren Sabey said.

Teachers say that you don’t need to go to the conferences because there is no need if you have good grades. They only say to go if there is a problem with the teacher of you child has a bad grade. Parents can just check Infinite Campus to check the grades.

Weslyn Jones said it sucked because it was not even student lead conferences, it was teacher lead conferences.

Some kids think that the parent teacher conferences are unorganized and they don’t like them. It can be a good way for parents to check their kid’s grades and see how their kids are doing in school.