The Film Festival

Dallas Novak, Staff

On March 30, 2018 kids from 5th grade to 12th grade will have to turn in their movies that they have created in a certain period of time. Those kids will then be able to see their movie with friends and family at the AMC Theatre on April 25, 2018.

During the creation phase, however, kids from those grades get to pick 9 different choices such as animation, music video, PSA, or a short film that could be about thrillers or comedy type movies. However the 5th and 6th graders only get 4 options and they are animation, news production, music video, and a PSA.

“The Festival comprises competitive sections for dramatic and documentary films and for feature length screenplays,” Wikipedia said.

Since 2014, kids from elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools have been going to the film festivals with amazing films that they have created. Most of the films that made it as winners were then kept on Youtube so others can see how good they were to make it to 1st place to 3rd place.

“District-wide, students submitted works across a variety of categories and vied for the coveted “Dougie” award,” Castle Pines Connection said.

The winner of the fourth annual Film Festival and the Best in Show place will be getting a Gopro Hero 4 and your group will get a trophy for  an accomplishment to making it to Best in Show to 3rd place in the festival.

The Film Festival was made to celebrate video programs throughout the District and it has gotten bigger ever since the new editing software and talented people that have won the past Dougies.