Teacher Appriciation Week

Chloe Savacool, Staff

This week is teacher and staff appreciation week from May 7 to May 12. The week is meant to show teachers and staff how much they are needed, and the difference they make at Sierra every day. Each day the teachers and staff will be getting something new such as lunch, or a massage.

On Monday Sources of Strength supplied a snack cart. On Tuesday Admin gave a Continental Breakfast. On Wednesday there was donuts and coffee by StuCo, a BBQ lunch bar by JFC, and chair massages. On Thursday there was coffee and tea by Admin, hamburger bar lunch by SMS parents and catered by Rory’s Diner, and on Friday NJHS will be supplied made to order omelets also catered by Rory’s Diner.

“It is nice to be recognized, but I didn’t become a teacher to get the recognition. They should continue teacher appreciation week because it is a difficult job, and there are always new challenges to face, and it is a very demanding job. But once again, I didn’t become a teacher to be thanked. My favorite part is definitely having the kids actually say thank you because the parents can say that all they want, but it really doesn’t mean that much until it comes from the kid because then you know that you really made a difference. The only thing I would change is I would like to hear more about what the kids think about school than just the teachers,” Cory Sicard said.

It is important to show your support and appreciation for these teachers and staff for all of the hard work they put in for their students every day.