Sierra’s Thespian Showcase

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sierra’s Thespian Showcase

Kiarra Berry and Jacob Billings performing their scene.

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom, Editor

Sierra’s Thespian club put on a showcase performance on December 4th, 2018.

The Thespian club has been working on different skits, songs and monologues for the showcase, being a mixture of all of their performances.

“It was very fun! Logan Rozelle and I were the opening performance, and it went extremely well. It was thrilling being the first one on the stage. The other performances were also very entertaining, and Kaydence Adame’s singing [having sung Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid] was extraordinary,” said Arika Beckman.

The Thespians were able to pick out their own skits, which they practiced and self-directed. There were many different skits from various different theatre performances, such as skits from the play Check Please and skits from the Matchmakers. There were also many other skits from different plays, and some musical theatre songs.

“I really liked it because I got to hang out with friends and act, both of which I love. It was worth the time and effort all of us put into it,” said Logan Rozelle.

“This was such a wonderful experience for me. Being on the stage, and being able to embrace my different personalities through acting is a great way to discover who I am. I’m so thankful to have the opportunity to act and be with others who share this passion. This performance is something that I will remember forever,” said Kiarra Berry.

There will be a one act play during second semester from the Thespian club, following the showcase.