NJHS Induction Ceremony

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom, Editor

Sierra students who had been accepted into NJHS had their induction ceremony on February 27th, 2019.

Forty nine students were inducted into NJHS, most of the inductees being seventh graders as well as a few eighth graders. All of the inductees were greeted by Mr. Meredith at the beginning of the ceremony. This was then followed by an introduction to NJHS by Mrs. Lueck, the president’s message from Allie Gibowicz (President), as well as the five pillars of NJHS introduced by the NJHS officers Kenzie Jones (Vice President), Abby Broecker (Secretary), and Zachary Marvin (Historian). Once that had finished the students were provided with their NJHS certificates and then recited the NJHS pledge.

“I’m excited to see new leadership in our school. In middle school there isn’t a lot of participation, and I’m so excited to see the seventh graders express their leadership skills,”  Allie Gibowicz said.

The inductees and their parents were all invited to the ceremony. After the reception there was a table outside with a congratulatory cake and some water.

“I think the induction went well overall and I’m excited to be a part of all the amazing and helpful projects that NJHS does,” Bridgett Boguth said.

These new members will now join the current eighth grade members to work to make the school a better place.

“I’m super excited to start as a member of NJHS because I think it will be a great opportunity for me and all of my peers!” Catalina Clay said.

The new NJHS members will have their first meeting on March 6th.