Spring Break

Amelia Shoemaker, Editor

Embed from Getty Images

Spring break is coming up very soon and the students are counting down the days until they get to have a week of school off.

Spring break starts on Saturday March 16.  For most students, spring break is a time when they get a break in between the most stressful and filled quarters of the year.  Spring break is the time that most students just hang out with friends and not have to worry about any school work. Sierra has a one week break and so does most of the district.  It originally started as a week to celebrate the change in weather but then eventually turned into a week or two off of school.

“My favorite part about spring break is hanging out with friends and not having to do any work for school.”  Ellie VanGorder said.

For Sierra, spring break used to be two weeks long but they have now made it only one week.  Most students at Sierra start talking about spring break and getting excited for it around two weeks before.  This year, Sierra had two snow days before break so the week before break is only three days. The weather for spring break is supposed to be in the high 60’s and the low 70’s and sunny for the whole week.

“My favorite part about spring break is being able to not stress about school and hang out with friends.”  Reagan Fisher said.

Most students are very excited for spring break and are happy that it is finally happening.