National History Day State Competition

Back to Article
Back to Article

National History Day State Competition

Arika Beckman, Logan Rozelle, and Brandon Oster-Wickstrom at the National History Day competition.

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom

Brandon Oster-Wickstrom, Editor

Thirteen groups from Sierra Middle School competed in National History Day state competition.

The groups have been working on their history day projects for most of the year and have worked hard to make it to the state level. The students competed within 5 different categories: exhibit, website, documentary, paper and performance.

The students presented from 9 in the morning until 1, before the final round results were posted.

“NHD was a fun experience that I might not ever experience again. It was fun because I got to hang out with my friends and also try my hardest to make it to the next competition.” Logan Rozelle said.

The finals were posted online, on the Colorado National History Day site, where Bryanna Hoffman, in the junior individual exhibit group, was the lone Sierra student to make it through.

During the award ceremony at 5pm it was announced that Hoffman got 1st place in her category.

“I am so excited about making it to nationals. I can’t wait to go to Maryland to compete against all of the amazing projects. I really hope I get at least close to winning” Bryanna Hoffman said.

She will go the the National competition over the summer.