Sierra Eagle’s Christmas Choir Concert

Brooke Hudson, Editor

On Tuesday December 17th, the Sierra Eagles Choir had their Christmas concert at Chaparral High School’s Auditorium. Each quarter of the school year they have a concert showcasing the songs they have worked on all quarter long. 

This quarter’s concert theme was Christmas. The concert was also combined with the orchestra, in which they played Christmas songs too. “I’m super excited for the concert and we have worked very hard,” said Isabelle Ryan

Normally, the choir has their concerts at Sierra, but this quarter the orchestra teacher at Chaparral gave them the opportunity to use the auditorium. The concert started at 6:30 pm and ended around 7:15 pm. 

In order the choir played Old Dan Tucker a english folk song, Mana Vu a Hanukkah song, In December, and Rockin’ A Round the Christmas Tree. At the concert Abby Ballinger said “ I hope you can see the progress in all these kids. Im am very proud of them.”

To make to concert even more festive, the students were allowed to wear Christmas accessories with the regular choir uniform. To end the night, both the choir and orchestra played some classic Christmas melodies together. Which included Jingle Bells, Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, Silent Night (orchestra only), and We Wish You a Merry Christmas.