School From Home

Cade Sleight, Writer

Right now in Douglas County School District students are split up into cohorts. Each cohort goes into school two days a week, which leaves the students working from home 3 days a week. 

For students, it has been hard to keep up with all the school work with all the distractions around the house. “I feel overwhelmed with all the school work and not have much help in class from the teachers. I am much more productive and on task inside of the classroom,” Jaxon Mosher said.

“The virus is holding me and other students back from our potential because we are not learning as much content as we would in school. Once we go back to school normally, I am going to be very behind,” Lucas Millage said. 

I asked social studies teacher Lindsey Goodman about the work that students are getting done. “The number of students completing their work during online days depends on the difficulty of assignment. For easier assignments, there is a high rate of completion,” Goodman said. I also asked her if she thinks that students that are doing there work will still be behind when school goes back to normal. “I think it will be easier for students to complete their work when we are back to school full time,” 

Students and teachers are having a rough time with the way school is going right now. The best thing you can do as a student is to get your work done and be prepared for when school goes back to normal again.