Homework Club

This+picture+provides+additional+information+about+Sierra+Middle+Schools+homework+club.+

This picture provides additional information about Sierra Middle Schools homework club.

Madelyn Crosby, Editor

Sierra Middle Schools homework club is taking place on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:45-4:15. Homework club was initially started to help students develop good study habits and organizational skills. 

“Homework club was started to give students an opportunity to work once a week in a quiet/controlled/peaceful environment that they may not have access to at home,” Trevor Peddie said. 

Homework Club will take place in the library. Students will be supervised by teachers the whole time. There will be no one-on-one tutors in Homework Club, so if students are not understanding their work then they will have to go to their teachers for additional help. Homework club is free, but students will be required to sign-in before every meeting. 

“My favorite part is hearing from students at the end of each session tell me what work they got done. Usually they leave happy and satisfied with the work they put in and that is very rewarding,” Peddie said. 

The homework club is a safe and structured environment for students. If students need help studying for tests, understanding assignment instructions, or accessing online resources then the teachers at Homework Club can assist them. Students may also be supplied with a healthy snack when they attend Homework Club.