Sierra’s 2021 Yearbook

Elie Yates, Editor

On Thursday, May 20th, students who have ordered a yearbook will be receiving it around 7th period. Students will have the opportunity to sign yearbooks on May 25th, the last day of school.

“This year has been very interesting with Covid and everything else we have had going on. A lot has changed. I’m really excited to get the yearbook to remember this crazy year,” Marcia O’Brien said.

This year’s yearbook theme is “Find your own way through” and it is featured throughout the whole book. The yearbook also comes in red or black covers, giving students an option to choose which yearbook they want. 

“I really like that they changed it up this year and did two colors. Although I like the way the black looks, I really like the red one because it adds a pop of bright color and I think that’s really fun,” Malea Yoxsimer said. 

The yearbook staff worked hard all year long, and so far the yearbook has won 5 Colorado’s Best Awards. Since 2005, Sierra’s yearbook staff has won 361 awards and will continue to add to that number this year. 

“I love how the yearbook came out. It took a lot of time and effort but the final product was worth it. It’s nice to know that our hard work paid off and we won some awards. I am very proud of our yearbook and I am so excited to share our work with the rest of the school,” Abby Valverde, yearbook editor, said. 

Yearbooks are still available for purchase for $50 each. If you’re not sure if you have purchased one, there is a list of people who have near the library and across from the journalism room that you can check.