Students don’t eat lunch

Sky Huson, Editor

Sierra students tend to skip lunch or just chat with their friends. Or students will eat something small and call it good. Eating lunch can help keep you focused and in a good mood.

According to Mentally Healthy it states that it’s important to take a break and eat to keep your mind on task. Taking a break from your morning activities to consolidate your thoughts, particularly during school to stay concentrated.

Eating at regular intervals, especially eating lunch, is a healthy balanced diet. Avoiding eating lunch can cause aggravation, restlessness, and sleepiness. Most people tend to get in a bad mood if they skip their average eating breaks.

A lot of students tend to eat something small; but they complain about being hungry most of the day. Taking an advantage of being around your friends can waste the time you have to eat something to stay focused throughout the day.

Food is what gives you energy. Lunch raises your blood sugar level in the middle of the day, making you be able to focus for the rest of the afternoon. For kids, lunch is even more important because this is when they get their vitamins and nutrients for the day.

“School food isn’t the most appetizing, it also isn’t the most healthy. I would rather eat nothing than the school’s ‘food’,” said Justine Teters.

According to KidsHealth.org, more than at other meals, kids have a lot of control over what they eat for lunch at school. A kid can choose to eat the green beans or throw them out. A kid also can choose to eat an apple instead of an ice cream sandwich. When choosing what to eat for lunch, making a healthy choice is really important.

Unhealthy cafeteria food is a problem for countless reasons; eating unhealthy foods at school at an early age can lead to bad eating habits for the rest of their lives. So, many students could say they don’t eat lunch because how ‘awful’ the school lunches are.