Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

• 2 ¼ cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • ¾ cups of granulated sugar
  • ¾ cup of brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels

Directions

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets.

Step 3: Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Step 4:Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15×10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

Step 5: Prepare dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375° F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Step 6🙁 If your baking above the altitude of 5,200) Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.

Step 7: Enjoy!