Hamilton review

Alex Heckle, Editor

Hamilton is a musical about American history and the American revolution. The main character, Hamilton (Lin Manuel Miranda) sings about his life, his past as an orphan, and his future with his wife Eliza, (Phillipa Soo) and him fighting for freedom.

The show also features other cast members like Aaron Burr (Leslie Odom Jr.), Angelica schuyler (Renée Elise Goldsberry), Thomas Jefferson,(David Diggs) George Washington,(Christopher Jackson) and Marquis De Lafayette (Daveed Diggs) and many more amazing actors and actresses.

The musical was inspired by the book ‘Alexander hamilton’ by Ron Chernow. Lin Manuel Miranda believed that Alexander Hamilton embodies hip hop.

There are two acts, 23 songs in each acts. All of the songs have some part of history in them, like the first song of act 1, Alexander Hamilton, when Alexander was introduced and, You’ll Come Back, where King George is singing about how he treated all of his subjects. Each song is both a history lesson and a rhythm that will get stuck in your head all day.

“It’s a nice and funny musical where you can learn history and it can help you when you already know half the stuff you’re going to learn in history class,” said Jaime Lee, an 8th grade student.

If you enjoy other musicals like Heathers, The Sound Of Music, or other broadway musicals you will definitely enjoy this.

I definitely recommend that you listen to Hamilton, it is interesting, funny, and perfect for middle school and high school students.